The Care Assistant is part of the caring team and as such works with other staff to care for the Service User in the care centre. The work canbe physically and mentally demanding, and the person appointed to the post will be expected to have an understanding of, and sympathy with, Service Users. To apply for the post, you do not require any training, but previous experience of work with elderly would be helpful.
Responsible to: Nurse on Duty/Home Manager
Responsible for: Daily Living Care of the Service User
Minimum Qualifications: SVQ Level – 2/3, Relevant Experience in the Same Area
Nurse on Duty/Home manager
- Adhere of all Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Establish and maintain a caring relationship with all Service Users- understanding their needs. Treat Service Users, their visitors with kindness and sympathy.
- Never betray Service Users confidences. Maintain confidentiality in case of each individual Service Users affairs. Keepconfidentiality of home business and refer all the enquiresService Users to person in charge, never attempt to answer them yourself.
- Participate in any training programme required.
- Act on behalf of Service Users to ensure that the individual Service Users dignity is maintained at all times. To ensure that Service Users are respectably and comfortably and that they are appropriately groomed.
- Assist Service Users in their personal hygiene and grooming.
- To help the Service Users to lead a full life as possible, to organise activities for the Service Users e.g. handcrafts, games, reading, etc
- Treat all visitors with courtesy.